Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate





   I know I haven't done any chocolate bars for you guys in quite some time, but they don't come through my mailbox as often as the coffee (bummer, I know). But recently I reached out to Tony's (after seeing them in my local World Market store) and they have been kind enough to supply me with some of their bars for me to share with everyone.

   In 2005 Dutch investigative reporter Teun (Tony) van de Keuken launched an investigation about the use of slavery within the cocoa industry on his consumer report show Keuringsdienst van Waarde. He was literally shocked to discover that most of the chocolate on supermarket shelves was harvested by slaves—worse, by child slaves. He decided to do something about it. On November 29th 2005, Teun decided to lead by example and make 5,000 Fairtrade chocolate bars. Tony’s Chocolonely was born. The very first Fair Trade Tony’s Chocolonely bars hit the supermarket shelves in 2005. In 2006 they became legit by registering with the Chamber of Commerce. They’ve been high-flying ever since, but today their number one priority remains the same as it was on day 1: eradicating slavery from the global chocolate industry.

   This is their Milk Chocolate bar. The 1st of many I get to try from them. Packing a whopping 5 ingredients, this chocolate is amazing! So smooth and creamy. And just the right amount of sweetness. This is some of the best milk chcolate I have had in quite some time. I highly recommend grabbing a bar of this online or from your local World Market store.

   Many thanks to Tony’s Chocolonely for all the tasty bars they sent my way. Stoked to share the rest of their library with you guys.

Go read their story & buy some of their yummy bars:  tonyschocolonely.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico