Reboot Ethiopia Sidamo Dari Kricha




   Today I have a bean from my buddy Matt up at Reboot Roasting. Matt and I have been chatting about getting his beans on my page since I started this journey back in December last year, and we finally hooked up! Reboot is located in a commercial kitchen up in Bellevue, Nebraska. Matt considers himself a dude who loves people, conversations, and coffee. In early 2015, he started Reboot Roasting with the goal of roasting fantastic specialty grade coffee, meeting lots of awesome people, and being the most approachable coffee roaster around. Matt also views himself at what most people would call a bit of a nerd. The subject? It doesn't really matter. He finds a way to get in there, root around, and really geek it up. Take coffee roasting, for example. A few years ago he said to himself "I like coffee....I should build a coffee roaster!" And he did — the love child of a Stir Crazy popcorn popper and a Sunpentown convection oven. The first time he fired that sucker up (and burned the living daylights out of the beans) he knew he was in love. There were stats, figures, data points.....the kind of stuff that get people like him all worked up. With this propensity for geekery, comes the never ending urge to learn and get better at his craft. What does this mean for us as coffee lovers? Better coffee!

   With all the buildup to getting some of Matt’s beans, I was pretty stoked to brew these beans up. He sent me his Ethiopia Sidamo Dari Kricha bean. A sun dried natural bean from the Sidamo region of Ethiopia. And if you follow me, you know I love those natural Ethiopians! I brewed this at my 1:12 ratio. Matt notes a laid back bean with bright fruity notes, medium body and a nice clean finish. This was a tasty bean. Wasn’t too overpowering on the fermenty-ness that naturals have, but definitely still there. Very nice aroma when I was grinding the beans. Floral, honeysuckle. Can always tell when I’m going to have a good brew when they smell so good being ground. Nice citrus notes, tasty fruity berries. Nice bright cup of cold brew. Very tasty cold brew!

   Thanks again to Matt & Reboot for the tasty beans.

Definitely go give him a follow:  rebootroasting.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate