PUCKPUCK cold brew device



   Today I have an awesome piece of equipment for you guys. Meet the PUCKPUCK. PUCKPUCK is an attachment that turns any AeroPress Coffee Maker into a cold brew drip system. The PUCKPUCK allows for a controlled slow dripping of water over a bed of coffee, creating a uniquely versatile cold brew that can be enjoyed over ice, with milk, or as a mixer with your cocktails. The patent-pending twist drip valve means the setup is done in seconds and if you pair this with the PUCKPUCK Drip Counter App available for Apple and Android you can achieve a more exact calibration to perfect your brew. Another design feature is the universal screw thread on the PuckPuck which means you can can pair certain types of mineral water bottles with the PuckPuck to create a lightweight piece of kit allowing you to slow drip coffee wherever you go. Only certain brands of water bottle fit the screw thread for PUCKPUCK and currently the only option they have listed for the US is Evian Still.


   I took this with me to the Cayman Islands a few weeks ago, and took along the water vessel they have in the complete kit, so I didn't have to worry about finding a water bottle that fit the threads. And even with the water vessel, this is a pretty compact kit for portable cold brew. I plan on taking this with me on bike-packing trips next year, and using a water bottle, so that will make for an even smaller footprint in my cargo. I brewed 2 separate batches of cold brew while I was on the island, using a super tasty Guji bean from Reverie Roasters out of Wichita, KS. Both brews were super tasty. The bright & clean type of cold brew you'd expect from a drip cold brew. Dare I say almost as good as my kyoto tower home brew. The app is pretty neat as well for those not familiar with what their drip rate needs to be. I did have some trouble getting a constant drip with the twist drip valve, but I am only 2 tries in. I set it before we went out for pour daily adventures & I came back to our hotel room with fresh cold brew both times. Everything has a learning curve though, so I'm sure I will work out what kinks I am having with it. I also feel as though I was at & below sea level, maybe the atmospheric pressure was giving me fits; not sure, or if I am trying to be "too smart" in that assumption.


   Overall this is an awesome piece of coffee technology, and I will definitely be carrying this thing with me on many adventures, whether they be for work trips, bike trips, vacations; anywhere, which is everywhere, I want to enjoy some cold brew coffee. Many thanks to PUCKPUCK for the PUCKPUCK. They are shipping in time for Christmas, so go grab one of these for the coffee lover in your life, or for yourself!

Go pick up one of these awesome devices:  puckpuck.me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate