Messenger Pueblo de Espina



   Today I have a tasty bean from one of my favorite roasters, Messenger Coffee; from right here in Kansas City, MO.  I got this bean as a part of a swag bag when I did my first overnight bike-packing adventure a few weeks ago.  Messenger was one of the sponsors for the event, hosted by Velo Garage; the Rock Island Ramble.  It was a 100-mile overnighter on a spur of the Katy Trail; great event. I was a fan of Messenger Coffee before I even started Truman Cold Brew, and they have been more than helpful on my growth to what I am today. My buddy over there, Isaac, has been gracious enough to supply me with multiple beans, one of my which was one of the 1st beans I reviewed on my page, so I will always be thankful for that offering he made to a rookie in the coffee scene. Messenger has grown this past year, recently opening their first cafe here in Kansas City. Located at 1624 Grand Boulevard, it is an amazing place. Housed in an historic building, there are many levels which house the roasters, training classes, their bakery, Ibis, etc. Spectacular open architecture, allowing you to see up & down the grand staircase in the middle of it all. A great place to spend some time with friends & family, eating some tasty goods, drinking some amazing coffee.

   This is their Pueblo de Espina, a washed bean from the Cajamarca Region of Peru. Messenger notes flavors of cherry, lemon, & pie crust.  This was a nice  all around cold brew.  Brewed at my 1:12 ratio, it has some nice acidity and a creamy mouthfeel.  Fruity & tart like berries with a nice dark honey sweetness.

   Many thanks again to Messenger & Isaac for doing what they do. They know how to source & roast their beans. Great roaster right here in my backyard.

Make sure to go grab some Holiday gifts from them:  messengercoffee.co


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate