Messenger Las Delicias Natural



   Today's bean features one of my favorite roasters, located right here in Kansas City. I was a fan of Messenger Coffee before I even started Truman Cold Brew, and they have been more than helpful on my growth to what I am today. My buddy over there, Isaac, has been gracious enough to supply me with 2 separate rounds of beans, the 1st being one of my 1st beans I reviewed on my page, so I will always be thankful for that offering he made to a newb on the scene. Messenger has grown this past year, recently opening their first cafe here in Kansas City. Located at 1624 Grand Boulevard, it is an amazing place. Housed in an historic building, there are many levels which house the roasters, training classes, their bakery, Ibis, etc. Spectacular open architecture, allowing you to see up & down the grand staircase in the middle of it all. A great place to spend some time with friends & family, eating some tasty goods, drinking some amazing coffee. 

   This is their Las Delicias Natural, from the Jinotega region of Nicaragua. I brewed this at my 1:12 ratio. Messenger notes flavors of Raspberry, Cocoa, & Cashew. This was a tasty full bodied cold brew. I experienced a nice juicy mouthfeel with notes of red fruits and chocolate. Nice nuttiness & citric acidity in there as well. Fun experiencing a natural bean outside the Ethiopian region, to see how the natural process still plays on a more savory bean. 

   Many thanks again to Isaac & the Messenger team for doing great work & supplying Kansas City & beyond some delicious coffee. Definitely go check out their new cafe downtown.

Go see what they have to offer:  messengercoffee.co



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate