Tandem Coffee Roasters Secret Stash



   Today I feature a special bean from Tandem Coffee Roasters from Portland, Maine. In 2012, after working in coffee in Boston, Martha's Vineyard, San Francisco, and New York, Will and Kathleen Pratt found a home for Tandem Coffee Roasters in Portland, Maine. With Will’s background in carpentry and Kathleen’s painting and sanding skills, they built a cozy cafe and roastery in a beautiful 1930's brick building nestled in East Bayside — a neighborhood they call home. 

   This is their Secret Stash. Secret Stash is composed of 50% Barrel Aged Colombia (Las Brisas - Tolima, Colombia) & 50% Washed Colombia (Las Brisas - Tolima, Colombia). The barrel used was Gunpowder Rye Whiskey from New England Distilling. Tandem notes flavors of Green Apple, Whiskey, Grape Candies, & Alabama Song. I brewed this at my 1:12 ratio. I love barrel-aged beans. Almost as much as I love my natural processed beans. I feel it makes for an amazing cold brew, enjoyable in both summer & winter. The notes of oak & vanilla from the barrel with the sweetness & fruit from the coffee are a perfect match. Peaches & citrus & whiskey deliciousness in a cold brew. Well done! 

   An amazing coffee from Will & the Tandem crew. Stoked to try out the samples they sent my way as well.

Go grab some of these before they sell out:  tandemcoffee.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate