Lumberjack Brazil, Mogiana



   Today's coffee is brought to us by Lumberjack Coffee Co. Lumberjack is another great coffee roaster based out of Colorado Springs, Colorado. "Just a guy with a beard who loves coffee." Starting off good. Lumberjack is a husband & wife business that started out of 'necessity'. Being a 911 Dispatcher and a NICU Nurse by day (or by night), they experienced their fare share of terrible coffee. When they found out that coffee could be great, that it could have depth and complexity, they decided to share it with the world.

   I met up with Ryan at Garden of the Gods when my wife & I were out visiting a friend of ours in the Springs. He brought me his Brazil bean from the Mogiana region. Upon opening the bag, I knew I had to brew this a little stronger than normal, so I went with a 1:8 ratio. I've found I like brewing the 'darker' roasts/beans stronger than my average of 1:12. This coffee is amazing. Nice and roasty. Chocolatey. Sweet. Nutty. Got a little citrus, like a dark chocolate covered orange. One of the darker beans I've cold brewed, but this was super sweet & chocolate. Bet this would be great with some milk. Also bet this would make for an awesome espresso.

   Thanks again to Ryan & Lumberjack for this amazing coffee.

Go check out Lumberjack & buy some amazing coffee:  lumberjackcoffeeco.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate