Barkeater Porcupine Blend


  Today's coffee comes to us from Barkeater Coffee Roasters. Barkeater is based out of East Greenbush, New York. Barkeater prides themselves in being a roast-to-order micro roaster, roasting your beans in small batches by hand as the order is placed. 

  This is their Porcupine Blend. A blend of origin countries Brazil, Ethiopia, and Bali. They note flavors of chocolate with a hint of sweetness. This is another blend I enjoyed. The roast is a little darker than most single origins I brew, so I brewed this at 1:8. I tend to like my darker roasts even more bold than my single origin beans. This was a nice roast forward blend. Very chocolatey. But the fruity sweetness was there, obviously from the Ethiopian beans. But definitely not berry/fruit forward like you would get from just a single Ethiopian brew. I like how these blends I've tried combine multiple flavors, without being so in your face with a particular profile shining through. Next time I brew this, I will have with some cream, because the syrupy, chocolatey flavors will probably be awesome together. 

  Thanks again to Stephen & Barkeater for the excellent coffee.

Go check them out and buy some great coffee:  barkeatercoffeeroasters.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate