Williamstown Wanita Gayo Woman's Co-Op


  Today's coffee is another international coffee for me, my second. This is Williamstown Roasters from Williamstown North Victoria, Australia. Williamstown Roasters was founded in 2015 by head roaster James Davidson. 

  This is their Wanita Gayo Woman's Co-Op. A natural red bourbon Sumatran. The Wanita Gayo coffee co-operative is an all-woman co-operative in Sumatra that provides employment and income to women in Sumatra. I brewed this at my typical 1:12 ratio. I found this to be an interesting cup. I've read that a lot of Sumatrans can be quite earthy; pungent. With this being naturally processed though, it lends a whole new layer to the coffee. I got a very syrupy mouthfeel. Lemon/citric acidity. Being naturally processed gives it a sweetness, but the coffee still is earthy. Tobacco. Cocoa. I feel this makes for a nice cold weather cold brew. Sweet but spicy. 

  Thanks again to James & Williamstown Roasters for this unique tasty bean.

Go check them out for some great coffee:  williamstownroasters.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate