Archetype Elixir




   Today's coffee courtesy of Archetype Coffee Co out of Lexington, KY. Like my wife, great things are coming out of Kentucky. Archetype defines their name as the original pattern or model which all things of the same kind are copied or on which they are based. And these beans are an attribute to that.

   This coffee is their Elixir blend. A blend of Columbia, Ethiopia, and Guatemala beans. This is another blend I was very satisfied with. Before I started this endeavor, I probably would never have bought a blend, but the couple I have reviewed on here have been great. I brewed this at a 1:8 ratio and I think that's about perfect (for my tastes). I'm not sure of the percentages of the beans, but I feel the ratio is spot on. Not leaning too heavily towards one flavor profile. Great roasty/chocolatey aroma & flavor. The sweet berry/citrus of the Ethiopian is definitely there. And the caramel/toffee really makes for a smooth cup. This was an amazing blend, I can see why it's their best selling coffee. Even for someone like me who typically loves flavor extremes, this blend is awesome. Combining the bests of 3 coffees flavors.

   Thanks again to David & Archetype for the beans.

Go check these guys out & buy some amazing coffee: archetypecoffeeco.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate