Five Star Organic Finca Cuál Bicicleta



   Here I have a great bean from Five Star Coffee Roasters from Holly Springs, North Carolina. “When I came to the United States to learn English, I was surprised to see how coffee produced by families like mine served as a main point of connection and conversation in the daily lives of so many Americans.” Nelson Raul Amador, Founder. Upon quickly realizing coffee in the U.S. was sold at high prices through a complex import system leaving farmers with little profit, Nelson decided to initiate change. He started De La Finca Coffee Importers and Five Star Coffee Roasters with the goal to eliminate the middleman between producers and buyers. “Instead of seeing coffee pass through as many as 6-8 hands between farmers and consumers (as is usual in the coffee industry), I make genuine, direct connections between coffee consumers and coffee producers, like my family.”

   This is their Organic Finca Cuál Bicicleta bean. I brewed this at my 1:12 ratio. Five Star notes flavors of caramel & tropical fruit with a bright acidity. This made for a nice cold brew. Nice brown sugar/honey sweetness. Red berries, citrus notes, & tropical fruits for sure. Very tasty.

   Many thanks to Five Star for the great beans. They sent out a couple different beans, so I'm stoked to share the rest with you guys.

Go check them out:  5starcoffeeroasters.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate