Blue Monarch Ethiopia - Goma Woreda




   Love to see local people doing great things. Today's coffee is from a new kid on the block, and they're hanging tough! (Terrible, I know, but I'm an 80's kid). Blue Monarch is based out of KCMO, by a 'couple pretty simple dudes' trying to get unique roasted coffee into the hands of normal coffee drinkers. But after this bag of beans, the coffee aficionados will appreciate this stuff as well. 

   This bean is an Ethiopian from the Goma Woreda region. I believe this to be a washed Ethiopian as opposed to a natural. I brewed this at a 1:8 ratio. This coffee is amazing. I love Ethiopians too, though. But this isn't the same as those naturals that I love so much. It's not as full bodied or citrusy as most naturals, but still carries that sweet fruity flavor. I tasted a very floral, sweet citrus coffee. Berries, grapefruit, with a scent of cocoa. Sweet through and through. Tyler mentioned to me when he gave me this bag, it was the highest scored coffee they had roasted, and I can vouch for that. This is one of the best Ethiopians I've had! Great job Tyler & Blue Monarch. Thanks again for the mug and beans. 

Go check them out and buy some coffee & merch:   bluemonarchcoffee.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate