Signet Organic Mission Blend



   Today's coffee was supplied to me by Signet Coffee Roasters. Many thanks to Laura for sending me these beans. Signet is based out of Pittsburg, KS; about 2.5 hours south of Kansas City. Per their website, signet means "the impression made by”, as they hope that their coffee will make a large impression on their community and customers. I love the recent resurgence in the pride people take in their communities. The whole 'buy local' is a great concept in my opinion. I do this myself, both at home and on the road. 

   The bean I was supplied is their Organic Mission Blend. I wasn't able to find out exactly what their mix is, but I was told the majority of it is their Organic Yirgacheffe Ethiopian. This is a darker roast than I usually brew, so I brewed it a little 'lighter' than normal; 1:12. Whatever the other bean(s) are they use in this blend, it works! Right away it's much different than the sweet fruity coffees I am used to brewing. And the change was nice. This is still a sweet coffee, but nutty/chocolatey sweet. The floral brightness of the Ethiopian is still there, but the other bean and the darker roast add that chocolate/nutty aspect. I drank this straight, as I usually do, but I think next time around I will brew it 'stronger' and blend it with cream or whole milk. 

   Thanks again to Laura and Signet for these beans. This made for a great Kyoto cold brew. Anyone looking for a sweet chocolatey cold brew coffee, check this out. 



Go check them out and order some coffee at :  signetcoffee.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamance Kaffee Werks Black Label Edition Rum Barrel Aged

Alamance Kaffee Werks Mexico

Tony’s Chocolonely Milk Chocolate